Population Builder™: StratificationRapidly and transparently identify stratified patient lists ready for population health interventions.
|Type:||Software Module||Status:||Limited Availability||Revised:||2019-Jun-06|
The Population Builder™: Stratification Module provides a seamless process for stratifying populations using multiple pre-defined, easily customized populations and predictive risk models as building blocks.
The Stratification module provides a growing list of pre-defined content, including over 6,000 value sets, 21 predefined chronic condition registries, ED utilization (combined claims and clinical data), transition of care, and predictive risk models that organizations can mix and match to identify populations ready for population health interventions. The speedy data lifecycle takes the stratified population data from ad-hoc analysis and development to an integrated analytic workflow—supported by DOS™—within minutes, not days.
The Population Builder: Stratification Module enables you to bring in predefined populations, such as the high ED utilizers shown in this image.
Background & Problem Summary
Identifying the right patients for population health interventions is critical to any population health initiative. Not having an accurate and precise stratification model, organizations sometimes struggle to maximize the impact their population health team has on the overall population they manage.
In addition, it can take months to properly create complex stratification algorithms that truly use analytics to target the right patients for the right interventions. According to a recent study, analysts spend over 50% of their time completing a non-analytics task (preparing SQL/ETL data, repeating tasks, and performing simple tasks) instead of focusing on high-impact analytics like targeted stratification.
Rapidly and transparently identify stratified patient lists ready for population health interventions.
The Population Builder: Stratification Module allows anyone within an organization to efficiently and accurately identify patient groups based on pre-defined, yet easy to customize, populations and risk algorithms. It also provides the architecture and toolkit to integrate the stratified populations into the population health workflow.
Benefits and Features
- Increase efficiency – Easy access for non-SQL experts to customize and generate stratified patient lists, reducing the IT reporting burden, increasing effectiveness of care coordination, and providing clinicians with direct access to data that they’ve never had before.
- Save time – Customizable building blocks that you can mix and match in order to find targeted patient lists best suited for population health interventions.
- Build trust – Shareable, transparent logic that provides actionable data to prepare identified populations for population health interventions.
- Avoid data silos and ineffective decision making – Data-informed decision making that goes well beyond the capabilities of any single EMR—including comprehensive patient data from more than 300 sources in DOS and integrated claims and clinical data.
- Grow your ecosystem – Seamless integration with Health Catalyst ecosystem of workflow and analytic tools.
- Advanced starter populations and algorithms built with integrated claims and clinical data – A growing list of pre-defined content, including over 6,000 value sets, 21 predefined chronic condition registries, ED utilization (integrated claims and clinical data), transition of care, and predictive risk models that organizations can mix and match to identify populations ready for population health interventions.
For more information, see the main Population Builder data sheet.
- Care Management Director
- Chief Population Health Officer
- Population Health Analyst
- After a Chief Population Health Officer reviews value-based contract performance, he found that a large percentage of the cost and utilization is due to comorbid patients, primarily from seven complex chronic conditions. After implementing the Population Builder: Stratification Module, he can quickly identify and target the specific population based on predefined chronic condition populations for the care management team to enroll patients in chronic care management program.
- A Care Management Director needs to improve the problem areas identified in the contract performance report: high ED utilization and high readmission rate. After an initial review, he identified that many patients have ED visits out of the network. By utilizing the integrated claims and clinical data in the Population Builder: Stratification Module, he can quickly identify the right population and publish it for care managers to begin outreach.
This product may leverage one or more of the following sources:
|Primary:||EMR - Clinical||See data sources of this type|
|Secondary:||Claims||See data sources of this type|
|Tertiary:||Other Sources||See data sources of this type|
Additional Data Source Information
- Integrated Clinical and Claims Data
- Health Catalyst DOS Marts (Clinical DOS Mart, Claims DOS Mart)
- Web Browser
- Risk Scores
Product ManagerDarian Allen
Product Line LeaderMichael Buck
Knowledge DeveloperChantal Augusto
Knowledge and ContentSoftware Module
- Quick Guide
- User Guide
Additional Screen Shots