Terms & Definitions
Health Catalyst divides its technology offering into three categories:
- Software Applications for which Health Catalyst provides full installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Analytics Accelerators that are highly customizable to clients’ needs and use a third-party visualization
- 3rd Party Technology which are optional 3rd party products, sold by Health Catalyst, which may or may not be deployed and supported by Health Catalyst.
As long as clients are subscribing to the associated technology access fees for these products, Catalyst will deliver ongoing maintenance, upgrades, and versions and will be responsible for implementation and installation. Configuration beyond the out-of-box capability will require additional Professional Services. Products in this category include:
- The Health Catalyst Healthcare Data Operating System, its attached data sources and data management tools, and any machine learning and natural language processing capabilities that are implemented on the platform
- Applications, which are traditional native, web, or mobile products that do not require a supplementary visualization tool. Examples include CAFÉ (Comparative Analytics) and Leading Wisely.
The Health Catalyst Analytics Services Organization provides a library of Analytics Accelerators. We deploy these Accelerators in any visualization technology that our clients request—typically Qlik or Tableau, although Excel, Access databases, and Power BI are also popular options.
Because each deployment of an Analytics Accelerator requires a high degree of customization to meet the client’s needs, we do not treat Accelerators as traditional “software.” Instead, they are highly customized capabilities that leverage the robust knowledge set and deployment expertise of the Health Catalyst team. Analytics Accelerators are therefore ill-suited for a traditional software maintenance or upgrade path. Instead, our professional services personnel are available to enhance these Accelerators for a client (under contract for such work), or the client’s internal analytics teams can enhance and customize the solution.
3rd Party Technology
Products with this designation are from 3rd party companies and are optional systems or applications which provide additional capability to the Data Operating System and other products offered by Health Catalyst. Third party products are not included in the Technology Access subscription services.