Terms & Definitions
Health Catalyst divides its technology offering into four categories:
- Data Operating System ("DOS™") and Platform Applications which is the foundation for the software applications and analytic accelerators below.
- DOS™ Options are additional micro-services which extend the capabilities of the platform.
- Software Applications, Modules & Suites for which Health Catalyst provides full installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Analytics Accelerators are highly customizable to clients’ needs and use a third-party visualization
- 3rd Party Technology which are optional third party products, made available by Health Catalyst.
DOS™, Platform Applications and Software Applications
As long as clients are subscribing to Technology Access for these products, Catalyst will deliver initial installation, ongoing maintenance, upgrades, and versions and will be responsible for installation. Deployment configuration beyond the out-of-box capability will require additional Professional Services. The following are included:
- DOS™, its embedded data warehouse, fabric services, attached data sources and data management tools, and any machine learning capabilities that are implemented on the Platform. See Appendix A for a list of available Source Marts.
- DOS™ Options, which include additional platform capabilities such as Real-time Streaming and Natural Language Processing are not included in base pricing.
- Software Applications, Modules & Suites, which are traditional native web or mobile products that do not require supplementary visualization tools. Examples include Touchstone™ (comparative analytics) and Leading Wisely. Modules are similar to Applications, except that they have a dependency upon a base Application and can not be deployed without the base Application. Suites are groups of Applications and Modules that are related or work closely together, often in a common framework.
The Health Catalyst Analytics Services Organization provides a library of Analytics Accelerators. We deploy these Accelerators in any visualization technology that our clients request—typically Qlik or Tableau, although Excel, Access databases, and Power BI are also popular options.
Because each deployment of an Analytics Accelerator requires a high degree of customization to meet the client’s needs, we do not treat Accelerators as traditional “software.” Instead, they are highly customized visualizations that leverage the robust knowledge set and deployment expertise of the Health Catalyst team. Because of the high degree of customization, Catalyst does not provide a traditional software maintenance or upgrade program for Analytics Accelerators. Instead, our professional services personnel are available to enhance these Accelerators (under contract for such work), or the client’s internal analytics teams can enhance and customize the solution.
Analytics Accelerators are presented in this document according to their respective domains.
Third Party Technology
These are optional systems or applications which provide additional capability to DOS and other products offered by Catalyst. Third party products are not included in the Technology Access subscription services, but are available through Catalyst.