Terms & Definitions
Health Catalyst divides its technology offering into five core categories:
- Data Platform our cloud-based Data Operating System ("DOS") offering is a healthcare-specific, open, flexible and scalable data platform that provides customers a single comprehensive environment to integrate and organize data from their disparate software systems, enabling a broad range of analytics and applications. DOS is the foundation for the software applications and analytics accelerators below.
- DOS Options are additional micro-services which extend the capabilities of the platform. DOS Options are not included in the base pricing of the Technology access fee.
- Software Applications, Modules & Suites software applications built on top of our data platform to provide foundational or domain-specific insights and workflow that improve our customers' clinical, financial and operational performance.
- Analytics Accelerators are a broad range of pre-build data models and visualizations that can be tailored to specific customer needs and use third party visualizations.
- 3rd Party Technology includes optional third party products that are made available by Health Catalyst.
DOS, Software Applications, Modules & Suites
If your services agreement with Catalyst includes access to Technology (as defined in your agreement), Catalyst will deliver an initial instance of the Technology, ongoing support as further described in you agreement and upgrades from time to time, as each is further described in your agreement and the Service Description (as defined in your agreement). as set forth in your applicable Order Form, Service Description or as otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing. The Service Description and your applicable Order Forms describes Catalyst’s role in any installation or implementation. Any additional services, including custom installation or implementation or deployment configuration beyond the out-of-box capability, will require additional Professional Services. The following is an overview of our Technology:
- DOS, its embedded data warehouse, fabric services, attached data sources and data management tools, and any machine learning capabilities that are implemented on the Platform. See Appendix B for a list of available, included Source Marts.
- Software Applications, Modules & Suites, which are traditional native web or mobile products that do not require supplementary visualization tools. Examples include Touchstone® (comparative analytics) and Leading Wisely. Modules are similar to Software Applications, except that they have a dependency upon a base Software Application and can not be deployed without the base Software Application. Suites are groups of Software Applications and Modules that are related or work closely together, often in a common framework.
The Health Catalyst Analytics Services Organization may select from our available library of Analytics Accelerators. We deploy these Accelerators in any visualization technology that our Clients' request—typically Qlik or Tableau, although Excel, Access databases, and Power BI are also popular options.
Because each deployment of an Analytics Accelerator requires a high degree of customization to meet the client’s needs, we do not treat Accelerators as traditional “software.” Instead, they are highly customized visualizations that leverage the robust knowledge set and deployment expertise of the Health Catalyst team. Because of the high degree of customization, Catalyst does not provide a traditional software maintenance or upgrade program for Analytics Accelerators. Instead, our professional services personnel are available to enhance these Accelerators (under contract for such work), or the client’s internal analytics teams can enhance and customize the solution.
Analytics Accelerators may not be included in the Technology Access fee - please see the applicable Order Form(s). Analytics Accelerators are presented in this document according to their respective domains.
Third Party Technology
Our Technology does not include these optional systems or applications which provide additional capability to DOS and other products offered by Catalyst, and are not maintained or upgraded by Catalyst. Third party products are not included in the Technology access subscription fee, but are available through Catalyst for an additional fee as set forth in the applicable Order Form(s).