MSSP MeasuresDaily Monitoring of CMS MSSP Metrics
|Type:||Analytic Accelerator||Status:||Analytic Services||Revised:||2017-Aug-18|
The ACO MSSP Measures Analytics Accelerator supports ACO’s participating in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). This tool supports monitoring and managing actual performance against CMS required measures for ACO’s throughout the year. The ability to measure performance and drill into each measure at anytime, not only after a required reporting period, provides the ability to identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement in a more timely manner.
Background & Problem Summary
Accountable Care Organizations were authorized in 2011 through the Affordable Care Act. The goal of an ACO is to deliver seamless, high-quality care for Medicare beneficiaries, instead of the fragmented care that often results from a Fee-For-Service payment system in which different providers receive different, disconnected payments.
ACO’s will be responsible for maintaining a patient-centered focus and developing processes to promote evidence-based medicine, promote patient engagement, internally and publicly report on quality and cost, and coordinate care.
Daily Monitoring of CMS MSSP Metrics
Benefits and Features
- Ability to look at measures and see how many patients need attention to move to the next percentile. Provides insight into opportunities for process improvements around measures and associated workflows.
- Ability to look at a provider’s patient population.
- A provider can review patient’s compliance prior to being seen and take preventative care steps as appropriate while the patient is in the office
ACO Metrics is intended for those responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the CMS specified metrics required for participation in the MSSP. This generally includes ACO administrators, clinicians, and practice managers.
This product may leverage one or more of the following sources:
|Primary:||EMR - Clinical||See data sources of this type|
|Secondary:||Claims||See data sources of this type|
|Tertiary:||Patient Satisfaction||See data sources of this type|
Additional Data Source Information
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- CMS Claims
- HCAHPS – Patient Experience
- Patient/caregiver experience
- Care coordination/patient safety
- At-risk population
- Preventive Care
- This tool gives accountable care organizations the opportunity to assess and improve performance prior to reporting to CMS, which represents a critical advantage given the dollars tied to an ACO’s performance against the CMS measures.
- Quickly view performance on measures using the measure summary. Performance indicators direct your attention to underperforming measures.
- Measures can be analyzed individually to support finding problem areas and providing details leading to better understanding of what aspect of the patient interaction might be lacking.
- This tool provides details to view provider measure performance and individual patient details either of which could lead to improved measure performance, providing potential for specific actionable details about how to improve scores.
- Identify patients that are near or out of compliance in specific care processes
- Identify providers and clinics that have the largest areas of opportunity for improvement
- Identify financial impact of current performance
- Increase data distribution of performance 50% by providing monthly snap shot of performance to clinicians and ACO administrators
- Increase compliance for preventive care measures by 20% using the patient detail list as a key informative work list
- Widespread Analytics Adoption Improves ACO Measure Performance
- Mission Health Receives 100 Percent of At-Risk Dollars in Payer Incentive Program
- 40,000 Covered Lives: Improving Performance on ACO MSSP Metrics